The hip joint is one of the most complex joints in the human body. It’s made up of many small bones and ligaments that allow different movements of the leg. When pain occurs in the hip joint, it’s usually due to a condition called Hip Strain. When you move, the socket of the hip flexes and extends.
When it’s turned out of shape because of an injury or a weak ligament, it’s called Hip Strain. If the condition is severe, you are at the mercy of a hip replacement surgeon.
As hip replacement surgery in India is ever-improving, you can be assured that you’ll be in good hands. In India, due to the western influence on a sedentary lifestyle, people aren’t as physically flexible as they used to be. By the time people get old, snapping hip syndrome gets so severe that they may require a hip replacement. In Mumbai alone, there are tens of orthopedic surgeons.
The best hip replacement surgeons in Mumbai is a debatable topic as there are a lot of options available, however, there are some names that come on the top of the list, which will be discussed later. Read on to know what you need to know about snapping hip syndrome.
Causes of Snapping Hip Syndrome
There are many reasons why your hip joint could be overused and cause pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Weak Glute Muscles: This happens when you’re not using your glute muscles enough. This is one of the most common causes of Snapping Hip Syndrome.
- Weak Hamstring Muscles: When you have a weak hamstring, you put extra pressure on your knee. This can also cause pain in your hip.
- Weak Hip Flexors: A weak hip flexor can cause your hip to be locked in place. It can also cause a “snapping” or “cracking” sound when you move.
- Weak Pelvis: A weakened pelvis can cause your hip to be overused.
Symptoms of Snapping Hip Syndrome
Common symptoms of Snapping Hip Syndrome include:
- Pain: You may experience pain when you move your hip or when you sit or stand. It may radiate to the back of your knee, your hip, or into the top of your buttock.
- Stiffness: Your hip joint might feel stiff when you move it. This is because the muscles around it are tight.
- Weakness: Your hip might feel “weak.” This is because it’s not being used, and muscles are “tight” because of tension.
- Cramping: Some people also experience cramping in their leg muscles when they have Snapping Hip Syndrome.
Treatment for Snapping Hip Syndrome
As there are many causes of hip pain, you can also try these home treatments to relieve the symptoms:
- Stretching: Stretching your hip and leg muscles can help ease pain, reduce tension, and improve function.
- Ice: Using a cold pack on your hip can relieve pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Anti-Cramping Tablets: Some people who experience cramping also have a magnesium deficiency. You can get this by eating a diet lacking fruits and vegetables.
Snapping Hip Syndrome can cause pain, stiffness, weakness, and a “snapped” sound is experienced when you move. To prevent it, be sure to stretch your hip and leg muscles, use ice on your hip, take magnesium pills, and don’t overwork your hip.
Another option would be to get in the hands of a good hip replacement specialist. Dr Niraj Vora is one of the highly respectable Orthopaedic Surgeons in Mumbai. His videos on YouTube have helped lakhs of remote patients and he has had extensive experience in hip replacement surgery. With three hospital outlets in Mumbai, Dr Niraj Vora is the doctor to consult in case of severe snapping hip syndrome or any bone-related issues.